WELCOME

To the Brecqhou Stamps Web-site

 

Aerial view of Brecqhou Island, 1993.

Just 80 yards due west of Sark lies the enchanting and beautiful private Island of Brecqhou, comprising some 87 acres. Once part of the Vinchelez Fief in Jersey, it passed by inheritance and marriage to the La Marchant family of Guernsey, hence its previous title 'Iles des Marchands' from 1363 - 1681.

The island was purchased in 1993 by Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay who have substantially upgraded the facilities and built their magnificent castle home - Fort Brecqhou. 

British Movietone footage of the first issue on Brecqhou in 1969

00:00:05
 

All enquiries to:

 Brecqhou Development Ltd, Passee Vinery, St. Sampsons, Guernsey. GY2 4TN     Tel/Fax: 01481 257409

E-mail:    chrisletissier@cwgsy.net

 

Privacy policy

 

Updated 27-12-16

Designed & Maintained by Channel Island Art & Books